Terms and Conditions
- Our offer of the first hour being free for NHS workers, over 65s in poverty and the vulnerable are subject to the following conditions:-
i.) NHS workers will need to show a valid NHS card
ii.) OAPs over 65 in genuine need ONLY. We will not be checking your credentials, however we reserve the right to assess qualification
iii.) It will be irrefutable without equivocation that you are a vulnerable person that requires daily assistance, impacting your income
iv.) The offer applies to residents in W2 – W14 postcodes only.
- Quotations are subject to acceptance within 30 days. If the customer requests postponement of the start of installation, one month or longer after Gasworks is ready to proceed, the price quoted is no longer valid.
- If the installation work has to be suspended or varied at the customers request, or if the customer requires work on the system to be carried out outside of normal working hours, Gasworks shall be entitled to make a reasonable additional charge for the extra cost incurred.
- In the event that during the course of the work Asbestos or any substance of a hazardous or potentially hazardous nature is discovered, Gasworks will comply with local or national regulations, or other requirements that may need to be observed before work continues. If this results in additional work over that which this estimate is given to cover, an additional charge may be made. However, if the appropriate course of action is for the material to be left in place without alteration or additional work, Gasworks will not be responsible for any work involved in removal, should this be required, the customer will be responsible for leaving the working area safe.
- Gasworks accepts no liability for any delay in completing the work due to circumstances beyond our control. Appointments are given in good faith, of which we try to keep. Any delay in the scheduling is beyond our control due to the nature of our work
- Any quotation is given and the installation undertaken by Gasworks on the condition that any necessary licenses, authorities or permissions, including the consent of the Landlord or Local Council, are first obtained by the customer.
- Gasworks cannot be held responsible for any inherent issues with the boiler, heating system or any components. That also includes any damages to decorations, fittings, existing pipework, cylinders or tanks caused during the normal course of installing or removing fixtures and fittings. Note: although rare, responsibility cannot be taken for leaks or airlocks / blockages that may occur on systems as a result of Power flushing, rodding or installing Pressurised Systems. Power flushing whilst highly effective, is no guarantee to clear blockages.
- Although every care is taken when taking up carpets, wooden floor boards and other floor coverings etc, Gasworks cannot be held responsible for any damage whilst carrying out this work.
- On accepting this quotation the customer accepts that there may be unforeseen circumstances and works that may not be apparent at the time of our survey. Remedial of these works shall become chargeable if undertaken by Gasworks.
- If the customer supplies their own materials they will be responsible for any missing parts or faults. Gasworks reserve the right to charge for any extra time incurred.
- If you instruct us to do works or buy materials and then cancel, we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
- Guarantee. We give a 12 months guarantee period of our labour and the duration of the manufacturers guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, in writing, within 12 months of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. If a component or part that needs replacing within its guarantee period then we reserve the right to charge for the time we spend replacing the part. If a leak occurs 30 days after the job and the fitting/part has been correctly installed then we will repair it but won’t be held responsible for any damage occurred unless it’s a fault of the installation of the fitting.
- When a boiler is installed by Gasworks we check the incoming gas pressure. If this is inadequate according to the manufacturer’s instructions a rerun is required. This will be additional work and charged accordingly
- These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
- We cannot be held responsible if a leak or damage occurs during the course of us undertaking normal work. This includes cleaning out a sludge filter, gaining access to the boiler and other parts of the system etc.
- All balances for works will become due upon completion / commissioning, in full by Debit / Credit card payment or via Internet / telephone Banking Transfer. A monthly interest of 4% will be charged on outstanding amounts owed to us. The total charge to you will be the time spent by our representative doing the work. It will include up to one hour spent obtaining materials.
- Credit card payments are subject to a 3% surcharge if the amount is over £500